Friday 14 October 2011

girly clothes swap night

So we had the clothes swap. And it was a total hoot. There were piles of no longer loved things. Hippy blouses, short dresses, jeans that bums don't fit in any more, lots of things from free shops and charity shops that were just never quite right... We ate hummous, lovely daal that Amelia made, and tried on lots of clothes. What is particularly joyous is how some things that people hate just look so much better on another body, or with someone else's style. My monochrome stuff seemed to go to Alis, willowy and with such dark eyes and hair, and my patterned stuff seemed to go to Tammy, who is strawberry blonde and pale eyes. Today I am wearing my new orange-red beret and new wooly tunic, in Autumn teal, brown and orange with lovely patterned buttons on the shoulders. I had to be persuaded to take it, but I absolutely love it. I seemed to take a bit of Stella's, a bit of Reb's, and a bit of Amelia's...Trying things on this morning, slightly too big trousers, slightly too puffy sleeves I was a bit less convinced about all my choices... Still it was lovely to all get together and be incredibly girly, and naturally not have to spend any money... Best thing I took home? My new man, who drums, has a long neck and is ceramic. I always go for those that find it hard to show emotion, and he is definitely no exception. He is Reb's Mum's beautiful creation, and is going to hang on my green wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment