Monday 10 October 2011

having a bad day

i'm in a foul mood. is this caused by:

a. the grey, grim-up-North weather. this has taken me by surprise. we have had sunny bikini weather lately. now i must wear a raincoat to cycle to work, and grey tights
b. the fact that my chipper office mate is having two weeks all inclusive in the sun and so not around to share coffee and natter with between transcripts
c. it's just that period in my work and i hope never to see another audio file for transcribing every again
d. something else....?

my friend and my sister called me during the day, which would normally be a delightful excuse to stop work but i could not answer fully or happily to any of the questions about: transcripts, training, my paper, my new year plans, my life plans... o dear...!

things also seem particularly bleak after the transatlantic weekend phone chats with the boy on such topics as: the difficulties of communicating love, where will we be in a year's time, how will we live and most crucially and worryingly where, and when we will next see each other...

my year seems incredibly time pressured and the outcome unknown.

my glum mood might be triggered by the lack of food i've eaten today. i'm rushing home early to enjoy canadian thanksgiving with my housemates and some of their friends. all five courses. that's pumpkin pie two days in a row... but shhh. don't tell anyone. this should resume my sunny mood.

things to look forward to this week: dinner out on tuesday to a greek place, yoga on wednesday and then a quick trip to the pub to celebrate a birthday, clothes swap with the girls on thursday. i must sort out what i will take... i don't think any one will want the furry all in one suit i found in a bin last hyde park christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment