Wednesday 12 October 2011

Greek food, The Story of O and little else...

Last night I went to have dinner with one of my dearest in Headingley. We went to the Olive Tree, with a livingsocial deal. The food was pretty good - veggie moussaka, feta  and spinach pie (we shared) hummus and chocolate fudge cake! It was all yummy and solid, although the pastry was a bit chewy, but I dunno - I'm not sure it was quite good enough for forty quid, without alcohol. Perhaps having a gormet housemate spoils me, it was not a scratch on the five course thanksgiving dinner and pumpkin cocktails from Monday night. The company on Tuesday night was the best bit though, it was nice to have a proper catch up, although I think the servers were a bit fed up of us just sitting around and not eating by the end of the meal... I miss living with that boy...

This morning I went to a new hairdressers - The Story of O. He (I think he's called Dave) was pretty appalled by the length of my hair. It was out of shape. His salon is lovely, full of vintage furniture and wallpaper and he made a good coffee. He was friendly, did all the washing and cutting himself, and didn't attempt to cut or colour someone else's hair simultaneously, like the last time I went to have my hair cut at Shrine in Headingley. In that place, the stylist ignored me, cut so little hair and made me feel grumpy. No one noticed it was even cut. This guy, however, seemed to have a point to prove. He cut huge amounts out (I'm not sure if this was a bit excessive as it's now shorter) and gave me a deep fringe (not what we'd discussed but he seemed to just go for it....) I'm not sure about the overall effect....

Everything else is too boring to discuss right now, just transcripts and layers of office politics. I'm staying out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment